Some of the rehabilitation treatments are:
- Biochemical Analysis of Gait
- Weight management programme
- Muscular Strength Assessment & Training
- VO2 max testing
- Physical Performance Enhancement
- Spinal Rehabilitation
- Golf Analysis
- Cardio- respiratory Training
- Manual Therapy and Vibration Training
- Pre-participation Screening
- Executive Exercise Programme
- Osteoporosis Examination with Nutritional Consultation
Who We Can Help
We work with individuals who are struggling to deal with specific functional problems enumerated below, incorporating their families and caretakers for the same.
Limitations faced due to pain may include:
- Difficulty in walking, climbing stairs, getting out of bed
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Loss of coordination and balance
- Problems with speech or language
- Memory deficits or judgment difficulties
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Problems returning to work or everyday routine in the community
The PMR Team
Our team comprises of dynamic multi-disciplinary professionals committed to helping each patient achieve maximum living potential. The team, lead by a physiatrist includes physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech & language pathologists, rehabilitation nurses, dieticians, medical social workers and clinical psychologists.
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PMR) Physicians or Physiatrists provide comprehensive and individualized rehabilitation program to patients after detailed clinical assessment keeping in consideration of pre-morbid functional status as well as existing co-morbidities.
- Physical Therapy to help restore maximum physical function enabling the individual to return to an active life as quickly as possible
- Occupational Therapy to maximize independence and safety in daily living in the areas of self care, leisure and work activities
- Speech Therapy to improve swallowing, communication and cognitive abilities to build a patient’s confidence and independent behavior.
Physical therapists manage movement dysfunction and enhance physical and functional abilities. They help in restoring function, improve mobility, relieve pain and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities of patients suffering from injuries or diseases. A physiotherapist examines the patient to establish his/her sensed needs focusing on strength, flexibility, sitting and standing balance, coordination and build a treatment plan using exercise regime, techniques and modalities.
- Electrotherapy modalities like Electrical Stimulation, Short wave Diathermy (SWD), Ultrasound Therapy (UST), Infra Red Therapy, Laser Therapy, Lympha press, Pain relief modalities like Interferential therapy (IFT), Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator (TENS), Inter X, Cervical and Lumbar Traction
- Joint and Soft-tissue Mobilization
- Balance and Coordination Training
- Core Body Strength Training
- Body Weight Support Treadmill Training for Functional Mobility and Gait Training
- Ergonomics, Body Mechanics and Energy Conservation Training
- Neuromuscular Re-education
- Pulmonary and Cardiac Therapy
- Sports specific therapy
- Therapeutic Exercises
- Lymphedema Management
- Myofascial Release
Occupational therapists specialize in restoring independence in patients of all ages who exhibit impairments in physical, psychological or cognitive function. A comprehensive assessment helps our therapists to develop individualized plans of care that enable a patient to systematically overcome barriers in social and functional participation. We provide a thorough analysis of daily living activities and share recommendations to assist patients in resuming life roles.
Occupational Therapy focuses on the performance of functional activities such as self-care, functional mobility, home management, perception, cognition and psychosocial functioning. The occupational therapist specializes in managing splinting and other adaptive equipments for upper extremity function, hand injuries and paediatric rehabilitation. Occupational therapists may employ motor retraining, fine motor coordination and dexterity activities, skill-building, activities of daily living training, splinting, assertive communication techniques, wheelchair assessments and modifications, goal-setting & problem solving strategies, home management tasks, prevocational skills, self-care and transfer training, sensory-integration techniques, stress-management and coping strategies, time-management methods, etc.
They assist in environmental modifications such as adapted commode, tub seats, grab bars, shower chairs, non-skid flooring, ramps and handrails, wheelchair seating and positioning aids.
Speech and Language Pathology
Speech and Language Pathology focuses on evaluation and treatment of a variety of communication, cognitive and swallowing disorders in acute Inpatient and Outpatient settings for all ages. These are related to neurological or organic conditions and injuries as well as developmental delays. Programmes include Neurological Rehabilitation for Dysarthria, Aphasia, Cognition, Dysphagia, Voice Disorders, Fluency disorders, Memory, etc. A speech therapist provides specialized Oral Myofunctional Therapy to correct an imbalance between the tongue and facial muscles used at rest and for swallowing.
Speech language pathologists are trained to treat disorders of speech, language, cognition, or motor, voice, swallowing and hearing. They help to restore cognitive, memory, speech, language and swallowing skills.
Our programmes are patient centric, affordable and designed with focus on patient comfort and convenience in the most patient-friendly atmosphere.
Neurological Rehabilitation: Stroke, Head Injury, Spinal Cord Injury, Guillain Barre Syndrome, Myelopathy, Myopathies, Neuropathies, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, Motor Neuron Disease, Movement Disorders, Balance & Coordination Disorders, Cognitive Disorders, etc.
Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation: Neck & Back pain- spondylosis, disc prolapse, etc. Frozen shoulder, Knee Pain- Osteoarthritis, Bursitis, ligament injuries. Sports injuries like Ankle sprain, Rotator cuff tears, Impingement syndrome, Rehabilitation following ACL repair, hip/knee replacement, Osteoporosis, De-conditioning due to chronic Illness, Rheumatological disorders, Mobilization following surgery, fractures, polytrauma.
Pediatric Rehabilitation: This inter-disciplinary programme is for infants and children. Services are provided in the treatment of physical disabilities, developmental delay, congenital deformities, neuro-sensory impairments, orthopedic injuries and communication disorders. Our pediatric therapists have special training in the areas of developmental hand function, Neuro-Developmental Treatment (NDT), handwriting, proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation, sensory integration. Services are available for conditions like: Cerebral Palsy, Developmental Disorders, Autism, Pre-maturity, Attention Deficit Disorder, Brain Injury, Specific Learning Disorders, Visual Perceptual Difficulties, Down’s syndrome, Feeding Problems, Hearing Impairment, Speech Delay, Multiple Disabilities, etc.
Geriatric Rehabilitation: Balance and coordination issues, Fall risk assessment, Fall Prevention Programme. This programme will help improve balance, endurance, muscle strength and coordination so that they can perform day-to-day tasks comfortably thereby improving quality of life.
Cardio Pulmonary Rehabilitation: This aims to prevent and minimize impairments secondary to cardiac or pulmonary illnesses and improve fitness &the quality of life of patient. Individualized rehab programme which cover exercise schedule, education and lifestyle modifications are designed based on the needs and abilities of patients. Services are available for conditions like: Post Myocardial infarction, Post CABG, Stable angina, Valvular heart diseases, At risk cardiac patients, Obstructive/ restrictive airway diseases, etc.
Chronic Pain Management: Our holistic rehab approach including counseling, interventional pain procedures and therapeutic modalities helps the patients to overcome chronic pain syndromes like Fibromyalgia, Myofascial pain syndrome, Repetitive strain injuries, Failed Back syndrome, plantar fasciitis, Tendo-Achillitis, Retrocalcaneal bursitis (Heel pain), etc.
Cancer Rehabilitation:Lymphedema management, Endurance training, Pain management etc.
Women's Health Issues: Ante natal and Post natal exercise programmes, Pelvic Pain Management, Urinary Incontinence, Pre or Post natal Postural/Musculoskeletal pain.
Vestibular / Balance Disorders Evaluation and Treatment: Vestibular Rehabilitation serves patients with dizziness and other related balance problems. It consists of a comprehensive evaluation and a stage by stage progressive treatment plan to alleviate the symptoms, identify possible triggers and minimize recurrence.
Amputee Rehabilitation: Pre amputation assessment and counseling, prescription and checkout of prosthesis and prosthesis related musculoskeletal problems.
Fitness Programme Prescription: For those planning to join Gym.
Ergonomics / Onsite Workstation Evaluations: Ergonomic Awareness and Training to prevent Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) and other Work Related Musculoskeletal Disorders (WRMSDs)