CARDIOTHORACIC VASCULAR SURGERY
At Manipal Hospitals, The Department of Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery performs heart surgeries for a variety of diseases from childhood to adulthood. With the team of Cardiovascular and Cardiothoractic Surgeons, the Department of Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery conducts the full range of adult Cardiothoracic and vascular surgical procedures and childhood cardiac surgery.
The staff members of Manipal Hospitals are specialized with beating heart CABG, LV aneurysm repair, total arterial revascularization, repair of ventricular septal rupture, redo cardiac surgery, emergency lung resection for massive hemoptysis, heart valve repair and replacement, tracheal reconstruction, aortic aneurysm surgeries and revascularization for acute limb ischemia.
With state-of-the-art imaging and diagnostics tools at Manipal Hospitals, the surgeon provides continuous surveillance post operation and resuscitative care.
TREATMENTS AND SERVICES
COMMONLY DONE HEART SURGERIES
• Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG)
• Valve Repair and Replacement
• Surgery for Ischemic Mitral Valve Regurgitation and Post Infarct Ventricular Septal Defects
• DOR Operation for left Ventricular Aneurysms
• Redo Surgery for Valve Replacement and CABG
• Grown Up Congenital Heart (GUCH) Operations
PEDIATRIC CARDIAC SURGERY
• Open Heart Surgery for Congenital Heart Defects such as Ventricular Septal Defect and Atrial Septal Defect
• Complex Defects including tetralogy of Fallot, single ventricle, transposition of great arteries (TGA)
• Ventricular Septal Defects, Cath based interventions, and assessment of Atrial Septal Defects, patent ductus arteriousus and device closure
• Heart Surgery for newborn babies
• Blocks in the blood flow (pulmonary stenosis, aortic stenosis, coarctation of the aorta)
• Cosmetic approaches for Congenital Heart Surgery
• Resection of cardiac myxomas
• Endovascular Laser Therapy
• Carotid Endarterectomy along with CABG
• Peripheral Vascular Surgeries for Ischemic Limbs
• Dialysis for Patients with Renal Failure
MINIMALLY INVASIVE HEART SURGERIES
• Tricuspid valve repair and replacement
• Atrial septal defect and patent foramen ovale closure
• Maze procedure for atrial fibrillation
• Saphenous vein harvest for coronary artery bypass.
• Mitral valve repair and replacement
• Aortic valve replacement
• Atrioventricular septal defect surgery
• Coronary artery bypass surgery